Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER

Are you driving your family members crazy?  Is it hard to focus on what is being said to you?  Twenty things are running through your mind as someone is trying to have a conversation with you and they can see you're just not there. 

You tell yourself to FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.  But that doesn't work especially if the conversation stays on one topic too long.  30-60 seconds on one topic is a long time if your brain is running rampant.  Sometimes with strangers you can "fake" it but that's hard with people who know you really well. 

I feel I was taken by aliens and experimented on but that's a lame excuse even if it is true.  My family members just say "yea, yea", "what else is new". 

It's nice to have people around you that don't give you grief because you're you.  I love them to death.  And how's your family??????
Lucy

1 comment:

  1. I think some of your family doesn't understand ADD in adults...or possibly ADD in general. Maybe some more education on the subject would help. :)

    Keep writing Lucy, I'm really truly enjoying your blog...

    ReplyDelete