Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hi everyone.  Happy Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012.  This is a new blog for me.  In fact, this is my first and only blog.  What is a BLOG anyway?  I watched the movie about Julia Childs (love that movie) and the star sweated her way through "blogging".  I'm not sure this is a good medium but for some of us I think this method may be very good for the soul. 

If you want to vent or even just talk about something that's bothering you, go for it. 

Do you think the world has gotten too PUBLIC?????  The Internet, Emails, Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, etc., etc.  Do people still call anyone (except for sales calls)? 

How about thank you notes?  Maybe I'm too old but if I send you a gift I don't expect a thank you in an email unless you are homebound. And before everyone gets their panties in a wad, yes I do get thank you notes from good friends and that's ok.  I think if you're younger than I am, send me a thank you note.  Show some respect at least for my age.

Welcome. 

6 comments:

  1. Lucy,

    I love this blog already! You are such a funny lady who seems to tell it how it is. How refreshing. I too think that the word etiquette has gone out the window. Keep on rolling. Can't wait to read your next vent!

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy,
    Kiki said to come and check out your blog, and I am glad I did!
    I have a thing about thank you notes too, and maybe its just my age as well, but it annoys me to no end when I send a gift or money and no mention is ever made of it, email or otherwise! I am definitely not referring to Kiki, as she sends wonderful thank you's and always makes me laugh! She is also a whole lot younger than I am, so maybe its the age thing too!! Have a great day!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, thank you for commenting on the blog. I really don't have a huge vent today except for GIRDLES. You know the item. Definition is a lightweight undergarment, worn especially by women, often partly or entirely of elastic or boned, for supporting and giving a slimmer appearance to the abdomen, hips, and buttocks.

    Well, I tried on 3 full length spandex girdles to try and shove all the excess FAT rolls I have into one smooth, slender, curvy, figure. I did buy one but does it work-NO. Does it make me smooth, slender and curvy-NO. Did it cost an arm and leg-YES. But on the good side it comes with a built in bra that does seem to hold the sagging "girls" up and a snap crotch so one can use the facilities when necessary without having to totally undress.

    I keep getting shorter and my fat keeps getting fatter. Exercise has always depressing and seems like a waste of time. BUT I may have to adapt and change my way of thinking.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me laugh!! I'm 63 and I remember when we all had girdles as a necessary item and then bras started burning and they threw those restricting, "sexist" girdles away! Now the daughters of the burners have brought them back and call them spanx! We women are our own worst enemies and we really can't blame it on the 'men' this time!! So how do you feel about the high heels currently in fashion? I would break my ankle in no time flat!! Enjoy!
      Robin

      Delete
    2. 4" heels-UGH! Dolly Parton looks cute in them (she walks on her toes) but I too would break an ankle. I've worked most of my life and wore heels for 10-15 hrs a day but not anymore. I think men are designing the high, high heels to make women's legs look longer.

      BRA BURNING - Since as a young woman I only weighed 107 lbs and wore an A cup, I really didn't wear a bra most of the time so I couldn't see any sense in burning one. But in 1969, as a house mother in a rooming house for 29 college girls (2 blocks down from a huge college) I knew girls who actually did that. All these years later, whether you burned your bra or not doesn't seem to make any difference. The "girls" are still hanging down to your waist. Gravity sucks!! Have a happy...
      Lucy



      I w

      Delete
    3. So true, so true...You once again left me laughing!
      Robin

      Delete